The last wildwater canoeing world cup finished on river Mur with a sprint race in the middle of the citycenter of Murau on sunday and a classic race between Ramingstein and Predlitz on monday.
The sprint course between two bridges in Murau were accompanied by many spectators on the "Murau promenade" and some surprising results for Austrian competitors.
After the third place in sprint tha Austrian C2 paddlers Manuel Filzwieser and Peter Draxl were the fastet C2 on the classic course and could fix their first overall world cup victory.
In K1 women discipline the young slalom paddler Nina Weratschnig suprised the president of the Austrian Canoe Federation with her second place behind Charlene Le Corvaiser from France who could win the overall worldcup before the Germans Sabine Füßer and Manuela Stöberl.
Nejc Znidarcic could follow his favorite position with two fantastic race days and the winning of sprint and classic races as well as the overall worldcup before French Jean Paul and Austrian Gerhard Schmid.
The C1 categories were dominated by the Germans Normen Weber and Sabrina Barm who won the overall worldcup in C1men and C1women categories
Full Results of wildwater canoeing worldcup you can find here
- Wildwater WorldCup 2015
- Wildwater WorldCup Murau Classic - Total 22.06.2015
- Wildwater WorldCup Murau Sprint - Total 21.06.2015
- Wildwater WorldCup Murau Sprint - Heat 1 21.06.2015
- Wildwater WorldCup Bovec Classic 20.06.2015
- Wildwater WorldCup Bovec Sprint - Finale 19.06.2015
- Wildwater WorldCup Bovec Sprint - Heat 2 19.06.2015
- Wildwater WorldCup Bovec Sprint - Heat 1 19.06.2015